There are many ways while setting up chromecast. I was trying from an ubuntu machine, but the Chromium browser in ubuntu doesn't allow chromecast setting up.
Hence I tried with my android phone, for which you need to install the chromecast app from Google Play store. That's it, plugin the chromecast device in your TV HDMI port and follow the instructions.
While installing the chromecast, I was facing he issue, that the WiFi network was not able to establish communication with the device. I have a Netgear N300 cable modem+router.
Following are the steps to troubleshoot the problem, from Netgear end.
There are the many troubleshooting ways suggested in the chromecast website.
- Plug the LAN cable with your laptop.
- Open the page http://routerlogin.net or http://192.168.0.1
- Go to the Wireless Setup under the Advanced Tab
- On the first tab, disable the Wireless Isolation box.
- Under the Administrator Dropdown, in wireless, there is an option UnPnp. Tick/Enable that option.
- That should be good to re-run the installation process again and get it installed.
- Select the dropdown small arrow from the right-hand upper corner.
- It will show the options for the different casting options in cast BETA extension.
- Either you can cast the entire screen, but the audio will come from the laptop or tablet in that case.
- You can open the downloaded/saved video in your laptop in one of the Chrome's/Chromium's tab. Then cast using the second option from the BETA dropdown, (Cast this tab.) In this case audio will be from the TV, but I was experiencing some video lag while using the second option.