Steps to install Rhomobile Suite for mobile app development
Recently Motorola has come up with mobility solution tool provider, called Rhomobile Suite, which installs all the necessary things required for native, hybrid and web application development. The executable file has a size of 495MB, will require around one and half hour to be downloaded with an internet speed 1Mbps (you can check the internet speed in various sites, one being http://www.speedtest.net/).
After installing the exe file, there are some steps which needs to be performed, in order to make your rhodes app up and running.
Following are the steps for Windows:
- Run the RMS_1276.exe file
- By default it will be installing all the packages inside a directory in C drive within a folder called MotorolaRhoMobileSuite2.0.5
- Check the environment variables in the PATH and the REDIS_HOME
- Configure Devkit
- Note: In the config file, add the absolute path of ruby as installed within the
MotorolaRhoMobileSuite2.0.5, as directed.
Like for example: ( the triple hyphens and the single hyphen after the indented second line are needed, as it is a yml file).
- - - -
- - C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite2.0.5/ruby
- Run --> Run Conf --> chose the os and the app
- Run the rhoconnect app, by starting the following two rake tasks
- rake redis:start
- rake rhoconnect:start